Monday, December 19, 2005

Weird Clive Lewisvic

This has been sticking around in my head for the last week and a half, so here goes.

Saw the movie version of Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe weekend before last, and younger brother came with. He's far more musically inclined than I, and a big Weird Al Yankovic fan (which his wife didn't find out until well into their relationship). Therefore, I shouldn't have been too surprised to hear him on the way out of the mall going "Narnia, Narnia!" to the tune of Gloria, upon which we started riffing with further lines such as "where it's always win-ter", and so on.

I asked Rob (who as I said is much more talented than I) to consider completing the spoof, but as I doubt he'll have time, I decided to tackle it myself. Without further ado...

Narnia (to the tune of Gloria)

Like to tell you ’bout our Lucy, you know she went around,
All ’bout the mansion from the turrets to the ground.
You know she went and found something special, all right,
She looked inside a war-drobe, she found there quite a sight.
And its name is n-a-r-n-i,

N-a-r-n-i-a narnia
N-a-r-n-i-a narnia
Where it's always Winter narnia
Where there are Talking Beasts, narnia
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.

We went around, played a game of hide'n seek, ha
Till Lucy hid inside the war-drobe, that's why she was first to see the light.
Goes a-pushin’ past the coats, then she goes on through the trees,
She found herself the door and then she found the other side,
Yeah an’ she found the lamp post's light,

N-a-r-n-i-a narnia
N-a-r-n-i-a narnia
Where we're gonna join the good fight narnia
Against the evil of the White Witch, narnia
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah,
Where we'll meet Aslan narnia
With whose might, we'll be saved narnia
By his right, be crowned.

I know I had to cheat on a couple of lines, and I could never sing it myself, but I know the way people sing this song they can rush a little where necessary to get things to sort of scan... feel free to comment or suggest further stanzas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home